I'm participating in Reverb10, a daily writing prompt throughout the month of December related to reflecting on the previous year and planning for the next. You can read more about why I'm doing it here. Or read all my Reverb posts here.
Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?
- Trust your instincts.
- Make time for books, films, kissing, swimming, hand holding and sunset watching. Contrary to what some people might tell you, these things are priority.
- Try to get better at sleeping. It's important and you really need to work on improving your skill set in this area.
- Stop obsessing about circumstances outside of your control. Learn how to be better at letting things go.
- Laugh more and stop taking yourself quite so seriously.
- Make time for play.
- Complain less and be better at really acknowledging how lucky you are.
- There is no such thing as being too nice. Be mindful of kindness and how transformative small actions can be.
- Wear bug spray when you are outside, unless you're in Iceland, Antarctica or Saskatchewan during the winter time.
- Keep it light enough to travel.